Old Sheldon Ruins - Art

Established in 1745, Sheldon Church was built between 1751 and 1756 on land donated primarily by the Bull family and named after their ancestral home in Warwickshire, England. Described as a monument to Anglican wealth and spiritual primacy, the church was designed as a compact auditory; built along a row of seven classic columns with colonnaded walls three-and-a-half feet thick. It was the earliest example of classical Greek architecture in America. Read more at this link: http://www.sthelenas1712.org/about/history/other-historic-properties/

1 - 10 of 10 (0.001 s)

1 - 10 of 10 (0.001 s)

Cache: mysql | 1 | 1 | 1 | 1